1. Comparison between manual and mechanical methods of interproximal hygiene. Schmage P, Platzer U, Nergiz I. Quintessence International Volume 30, Number 8,1999.
2. A Comparison of the Efficacy and Ease of Use of Dental Floss and Interproximal Brushes in a Randomised Split Mouth Trial Incorporating an Assessment of Subgingival Plaque. Noorlin I, Watts TL. Oral Health Prev Dent 2007; 5: 13-18.
3. The efficacy of interdental brushes on plaque and parameters of periodontal inflammation: a systematic review. Slot DE, Van der Weijden FA. Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam (ACTA), Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Dörfer CE. Clinic for Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology, Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Kiel, Germany Int J Dent Hygiene 6, 2008; 253–264.
4. Interproximal tooth morphology and its effect on plaque removal. Smukler H, Nager MC, Tolmie PC. Quintessence Int 1989:20:249-255.
5. The Role of Dental Plaque Biofilm in Oral Health. Gurenlian JR. American Dental Hygienists' Association | March 2012http://www.cdeworld.com/courses/0009.
6. Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 13 Aug. 2012. Web. 15 Sept. 2013.